We have been working on behalf of the community as an independent, non-politically aligned organisation since 1989, run by and for the residents.
Projects include Blue Plaques, organising Festive Lighting and summer hanging baskets along Lower Addiscombe Road, installing a noticeboard at ‘the Blackhorse’, keeping the flower borders tidy in Addiscombe Rec and organising the local Jumble Trail.
- ASPRA’s aims are to protect the interests of its members in local issues, helping to make the voice of the community heard by local and central government, and to enhance and improve the local community environment
- ASPRA provides a focus for residents over any issues of concern that arise in the area, and is known and respected by Croydon Council and Government
- ASPRA works entirely through volunteers; a system of Road Representatives for roads in the Association, together with a coordination and liaison committee
- Regular meetings are held where your views are listened to and appropriate actions decided
- Without you there is no Association. Please join with your neighbours working to make our community a better place and encouraging a sense of local pride and belonging
We cover 34 roads in the Addiscombe area bounded by Lower Addiscombe, Northampton, Addiscombe and Shirley Roads (plus Shirley Park Road, Glenthorne Avenue, and now with Peabody and Furlong Close(es), both off Shirley Road), some 1900 households.
In 2019 we celebrated our 30th anniversary. Thank you to everyone who joined us!