Broad outline of Addiscombe history follows after these 2 links to specific areas:-
Any local historians with things to add, please do email our email@example.com
Plans were passed in 1931 for the present church and vicarage of St Mildred’s, and it was consecrated in 1932. A church hall and museum (previous a wooden hut) was built in 1935 and opened by Mr W.C. Berwick Sayers, Croydon’s Chief Librarian.
There were trains to Addicombe, along the current tram route, up until 1915, and from 1935 to 1983, when it was known as ‘Bingham Road station’.