There’s a lot happening in Addiscombe to support neighbours around the Covid-19 outbreak. See the below resources. All the latest is also available on our Facebook page. Please get in touch if you know of other useful information.
Sept 2021 update: Croydon Council are now carrying out a targeted testing program. If someone knocks on your door they should be wearing a Croydon Council vest and be able to show you ID. They won’t ask for personal information. More about Croydon’s COVID-19 latest here.
Mutual aid Groups:
- Addiscombe Mutual Aid Group is co-ordinating on Facebook.
- Map of all Croydon Mutual Aid Groups.
- Croydon C-19 Whatsapp/Facebook Groups is a Google sheets with links to all local and street organising.
- If you’d like to let your neighbours know you’re here to help, you can also download and use this form.
- Next door is now also connecting people locally. Want to meet people in your area? Nextdoor is the facebook for local areas. Take a look here.
- To support local groups see the latest from Croydon Voluntary Action.
- AgeUK Croydon are offering food and essentials. If you need help or food and essential hygiene items, but can’t get out – or if you know someone in that position – please call the AgeUK Croydon helpline on 020 8686 0066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to donate you can online at https://www.justgiving.com/ageukcroydon
- Information for Carers in Croydon.
- Borough wide food bank and soup kitchen map for those looking for support or wanting to make donations.
Official Advice/National information
- Croydon Vaccination Programme information *NEW*
- Croydon Council Covid-19 latest updates
- Help slow the spread of #COVID19 and identify at risk cases sooner by self-reporting your symptoms daily, even if you feel well. Download the app https://covid.joinzoe.com/
For information about social activities and events happening online and in person at the moment visit our local events page.
Doug is our local Addiscombe cartoonist who features in the ASPRA magazine. For more of his work visit our cartoonist in residence page.